Associate Product Manager, MES Zymergen
Zymergen | Emeryville 2018-08-31
Zymergen is hiring a software product manager familiar with molecular biology workflows and/or manufacturing execution to manage one or more products within our Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) product line. At Zymergen, our MES -
- allows scientists to define and improve laboratory workflows,
- coordinates humans, software, and robots to execute workflows,
- provides work in progress (WIP) lot tracking,
- ensures processes are running to specification,
- integrates with other systems in Zymergen's technology stack, e.g., inventory and cost management, data science, computational biology.
As the product manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of product management for Polaris, a core product within our MES. You will work at the interface between software engineering and our internal users and stakeholders, including biologists, industrial engineers, business analysts, and hardware engineers. Specific responsibilities include:
Product strategy and roadmap
- Provide input into long term vision for MES in collaboration with technical leadership and stakeholders.
- Define quarterly and annual roadmaps for Polaris by building consensus across stakeholders. Ensure roadmap alignment with corporate goals and broader software and technology department vision.
- Manage Polaris backlog and ensure that all feature requests and defects are considered during quarterly prioritization.
- Perform user interviews and surface data to understand pain points and gaps in workflow execution. Develop problem statements that can be refined into requirements documents and user stories.
- Manage outbound communications, including facilitating feature demos, training, and user acceptance testing.
- Communicate progress and incorporate feedback into product development process to ensure product conforms to the acceptance criteria.
- Identify and remove blockages (related to process, dependencies) to ensure on-time delivery of features/products.
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning sessions in the capacity of a product owner and guide the goals, scope and prioritization of sprints.
- BS or graduate degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research; Biology, Chemical Engineering; other related engineering, life sciences, or interdisciplinary fields
- 2+ years software product management experience
- Prior experience planning and launching production software
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com ( http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zymergen.com%2F&esheet=51436625&newsitemid=20161010006215&lan=en-US&anchor=www.zymergen.com&index=1&md5=eadf9f7cb8a0bdbfa22eb7b2688a7e09 ).