Associate Product Manager Jobs Rock My World Media
Rock My World Media | San Diego 2018-11-19
Are you an analytically-minded problem solver looking to begin a career in Product Management?
Do you have a passion to understand how software products are developed?
Are you interested in helping shape the development of some truly innovative apps?
Do you have a strong work ethic, an innate curiosity and an interest in health & fitness?
Then come talk to us!
We’re Rock My World, a digital health & fitness startup based in Downtown San Diego, and we’re hiring for an Associate Product Manager position. In this role, you’ll learn the ropes of Product Management in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Specifically, you’ll report to our Product Manager, helping us define product requirements, validate new features, build out dialog for a chatbot and in general deliver amazing software that is all geared around helping people live healthier, more active lives.
- Work with our Engineering and Design teams to document requirements in accordance with established templates using Use Cases, Business Rules, and Process Flows
- Provide support in the development of release plans and release notes
- Assist in the testing and validation of software developed by our amazing engineering teams
- Work with our marketing team to assist in the implementation of dialog for our chatbot, Jolt.ai
- Propose solutions and new features to address user feedback
- Facilitate conversations among stakeholders and keep them informed of project progress
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating good judgment and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You should be able to provide reasonable, thoughtful answers when asked why you recommend one approach over another
- Based in San Diego, CA or be willing to move here. Eligible to work in the United States.
- A strong desire to continue to learn how software products are built
- Willingness to “get your hands dirty” and do what it takes to help a team succeed. If you’ve ever said the words “That’s not my job,” this is not the role for you.
- Intellectual curiosity, motivation, and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We’re a start-up after all. J
- Interest in the health & fitness industry
- Bachelor’s degree
Not requirements, but things that will set you apart
- Passion for health & fitness
- Experience running basic SQL queries
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical major. You won’t be coding, but a high-level knowledge on how software works is a big plus!
- A working knowledge of the tenets of Scrum or Agile development methodologies
- Being a current RockMyRun or Jolt.ai user : )
Benefits of working at Rock My World
- Generous stock options, so you can cash in when we hit it big
- Full benefits, including health, dental & vision
- 401k, with matching
- Personal Macbook Pro
- Casual, flexible work environment
- Awesome, dog friendly office space in the heart of downtown San Diego
- Free parking. We think paying to park just so you can do your job stinks.
- Regular company events that in the past have included bubble soccer, boat cruises, escape rooms, happy hours etc.
- Sport Thursdays, a weekly ritual where we all get outside in the afternoon and play soccer, cornhole, ultimate frisbee or go for a run
- Free lifetime access to RockMyRun and Jolt.ai
Speaking of RockMyRun and Jolt.ai, here’s a little more about us
Rock My World is an investor-backed, seed-stage digital health & fitness startup that delivers products and services to gyms, boutique fitness studios, and active consumers. We were founded on a passion for using software and content in innovative ways to help people achieve their health & fitness goals.
We currently have two products: RockMyRun, the #1 app for running music, which has attracted more than millions registered users and is used by more than 1,300 fitness studios across the country. RockMyRun has been featured on the Today Show (twice!) and has helped us win nearly every major startup award in San Diego.
We have also recently launched Jolt.ai, a chatbot that helps members of gyms and fitness studios accomplish fitness goals and earn rewards. Jolt.ai is proving to be incredible at not only motivating gym members to attend more frequently, but as a result, helps gyms drive more word of mouth promotion and grow their businesses.
Our team includes experts in data science, mobile app veterans, rock star developers, club DJs, a Grammy winning producer, and an excellent marketing and customer support team.
Learn more about what we do by going to RockMyWorldMedia.com, Jolt.ai and RockMyRun.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Agile: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- San Diego, CA (Required)
- United States (Required)