Associate Product Manager (entry-level) Hallmark Careers
Hallmark | Kansas City, MO 2018-11-19
WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Do you want to work for a one of the world's most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward.
WHO WE ARE
People rely on us to help them connect and express their emotions through products and services that enrich lives every day. They trust that we know their needs and that we are focused on innovations that will allow them to enhance their relationships. We have a competitive mindset and “play to win” with our retailers and consumers. We work with courage and conviction, always seeking to adapt and learn. It is an exciting time to be in the Greetings business at Hallmark!
The Associate Product Manager (APM)–Greetings is responsible for owning the end-to-end management and execution of assigned business categories to ensure delivery of sales, profit, and retail performance goals. This is accomplished through leading a cross-functional team through the product planning cycle including program/product analysis, development of program plans and related model lines, influencing assortment planning and leading ranking discussions with business partners to inform demand and inventory planning. This work is in support of program refreshes and re-sets, customer special requests and the commercialization of greetings strategies.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a consumer-focused, intellectually curious professional who enjoys learning about the consumer and meeting their needs through products. You like to own and oversee the development and implementation of key products from start to finish. Deadline-driven, you have the ability to analyze the business, understand key drivers of the business and provide recommended insights and actions that deliver results throughout the e2e process. You work well under pressure and have a knack for creating and communicating the “story” of your products based on consumer and market insights. Communication is a strong suit. You like to use data to influence strategic decisions about products across all areas of the business. You are a collaborator and work well with cross-functional partners to drive the best possible results.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
Some key responsibilities of the Associate Product Manager are as follows:
- Lead and coordinate marketplace, situation, and competitive assessment analyses for assigned product lines
- Understand SKU selection and build SKU lists and attributes and ensure data is clean for analysis
- Collaborate with key partners to develop, market, ideate, prototype, and deliver product to the shelf of retailers
- Create visual model lines for collections, end-caps and highly visible product reviews with the buyer
This position has 9 openings. We will fill these openings at various levels and across multiple departments based on skills and experience.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year experience in business, consumer products, or marketing; OR internship experience in business, consumer products, or marketing
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- Experience in consumer/marketing analytics, product management, program plan development, inventory management, retail analytics, product economics, and/or business strategy
- Successful team leadership experience with the ability to communicate to diverse audiences
- Strong multi-tasker comfortable with ambiguity and deadline-driven work
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to learn and quickly assimilate trends and market research to project work
- Intellectually curious with desire for continued learning in the industry
- Bottom-line oriented with the ability to inspire peers toward results
- Holistic understanding of the industry including product development, marketing, planning, execution, customers, competitors, and retailers
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and stay in consistent communication with multiple project teams and deadlines
- Ability to develop results-driven, data-backed strategy and align actions to achieve results
- Good decision-maker with the ability to weigh pros and cons and make strategic business decisions based on evidence and company strategy
- Uses data and analytics to evaluate, draw insights, and articulate a vision, strategy, and goals
- Introduces new, innovative ways of looking at problems and applies creative problem solving to push past the status quo
- Strong public and interpersonal communication skills with ability to read and respond appropriately to an audience
Hallmark believes in enriching the lives of our employees by offering benefit programs to help you:
- Take care of you and yours: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as discounts on elder care, child care, education assistance and adoption assistance.
- Save for your future: Through profit sharing, you share in the success of Hallmark. We also offer a 4% match on 401(k) contributions.
- Enjoy your time: Maximize your work-life balance through Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, community volunteer opportunities and discounts on product, entertainment venues, amusement parks and sporting events.
- And More! (Like an on-site cafeteria, free parking, access to Crown Center and a fitness center.)
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
hallmark careers, hallmark jobs