Associate Product Manager AppFolio Jobs
AppFolio | Santa Barbara 2018-10-31
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
We are looking for a passionate product leader to join our Product Management team at AppFolio in Santa Barbara, CA. Our team is responsible for driving the vision, strategy, and execution of new products and services to improve our web-based property management software platform. Our work impacts the day-to-day lives of millions of property managers, owners, and residents with our comprehensive and easy-to-use software.
In this role, you will lead product discovery and development for an engineering team. You will be instrumental in supporting your team by providing relevant customer insights and strong business acumen, as well as ensuring effective communication with stakeholders. Your goal is to ensure your team delivers against business objectives quickly, delights customers with innovative solutions, and meets stakeholder requirements.
You must be located in or willing to relocate to Santa Barbara, CA.
- Create and manage a backlog of features & enhancements to achieve project goals as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Collaborate with teammates (especially UX designer) to craft elegant solutions to customer and business problems.
- Conduct agile methodology including planning, grooming, retrospectives, etc.
- Communicating effectively with key stakeholders and other members of the organization.
- Coordinate & lead customer interviews, both over the phone and in-person, to deepen personal and organizational understanding of our customers’ needs and desires.
- Prepare & deliver clear, compelling presentations to customers, colleagues, and superiors
- Attend regularly scheduled customer events & industry trade shows.
- Minimum 2+ years of product management or related experience
- Understanding of the software development process
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong relationship-building ability
- Resilience and persistence to achieve business outcomes
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for delivering value to customers
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to respond to changing priorities
- Excellent listening skills