Associate Product Manager, Ads Pandora Jobs
Pandora Media, Inc | Oakland 2018-11-19
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have a great opportunity for a passionate, analytical, and creative Associate Product Manager to join our Listener Ad Experience product team and help shape the future of the advertising industry. In this role, you would collaborate with PMs to help analyze opportunities, drive strategy, and ship compelling features across product areas including Audio Ads, Rewarded Ads, Sponsored Content, and other innovative pieces of the Pandora roadmap.
Your vision will impact a massive high-concurrency user base with billions of hours of monthly listening time, across touch points ranging from mobile apps to cars to voice assistant platforms. You’ll have the opportunity to work with incredible engineers, scientists, designers, marketers, and other contributors to ship amazing products and features, in an environment that combines brilliant thinking, open-ended creativity, fun activities, and mutual respect. This position is full time and based in our Oakland Headquarters.
- Quickly learn Pandora’s ad strategy and tech stack to help define and ship features across numerous ad product areas. Know how to find cohesion between shipping incremental feature improvements and delivering on a larger product strategy.
- Leverage cross-functional research, direct internal and external market contact, and trade group engagement to recommend and justify key decisions in how we build and evolve our ad products.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Design, Sales, Revenue Operations, various Product Management teams, and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment on road map priorities, product health, and feature adoption.
- Communicate business opportunities and launch results to our leadership teams, knowing how to balance analytical thinking, UX instincts, and revenue models without losing sight of the consumer.
- Minimum 1 year software product management, analyst, project management, PM intern, or related experience
- Basic understanding of how advertisers craft creative strategy, connect with consumers, efficiently operate at scale, and measure ROI
- Demonstrated leadership, influence, and persuasion skills
- Keen analytical abilities to inform road map priorities, troubleshoot issues, and assess product health - SQL, basic statistics, and data modeling experience preferred.
- Excellent public speaking and one-on-one communication skills
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering Management, or related technical field preferred
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".