Associate Product Manager ACON labs
ACON Laboratories | San Diego 2018-07-20
At ACON labs, we are making a difference in medical care by offering rapid tests and medical device for diagnosing a variety of conditions. In addition, we are able to streamline and reduce costs for the physician and/or patient directly. Come join us in developing the latest technologies that enhance human life and be a part of our growing, dynamic company.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to help plan, organize and control product(s) from conceptual stage through product life cycles to optimize profile and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives thru product market research, development and launch.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with a cross-functional team to manage the product development process from conception to launch;
- Conduct market research to identify trends and/or needs of targeted customers;
- Participate in the development of product specification documents that detail revisions of existing products, and the conception of new products;
- Assist with the creation, revision, and/or customization of product packaging and labeling for products within assigned business segment and effectively communicate/collaborate with packaging and labeling staff;
- Proofread and edit a variety of materials such as product inserts, user manuals, sell sheets, brochures, and presentations to ensure that proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation is used;
- Provide product launch training & support materials to colleagues/customers in support of products in business segment;
- Assist Downstream Marketing with product promotional activities such as press releases, advertisements, sales tools, website content;
- Collaborate with team members to conduct continuous product improvement, through market trend surveillance, competitor analyses, and careful study of product complaint trends;
- Develop strategies for competitive positioning to increase sales and promotions;
- Serves as a positive and effective liaison between other departments for the purposes of gathering customer feedback and disseminating information pertaining to the status of product development and;
- Assist with new products requests and other business endeavors as assigned.
- Ability to learn and assess new technology quickly;
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, scientific journals and technical procedure manuals;
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously & complete projects with tight deadlines;
- Must be a self-starter, work well independently and be detail oriented;
- Excellent verbal, written and phone communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Powerpoint, and Excel).
This position is located in our corporate office in San Diego’s biotech community. As an ACON Labs team member you’ll enjoy our competitive benefits and compensation packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. We invite you to consider a career with ACON Labs by sending your resume. Please reference job code IM034.
Job Type: Full-time
- Associate Product Manager: 2 years
- San Diego, CA 92121