Associate Product Manager
Sojern | San Francisco
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
Who are you?
You are passionate about product management as the next step in your career and have deep knowledge of ad tech, analytics, and/or performance marketing in online travel. You are technical, if not an engineer. You are highly passionate about data and love problem-solving, have a core desire to develop fantastic user experiences, and can design innovative solutions working with a cross-functional team of sellers, operations, designers, analysts, engineers and data-scientists.
You have around 3-5 years of recent experience in the digital advertising or the online travel sector. More likely than not, you graduated from a rigorous undergraduate academic program with good marks.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate closely with teams across the company to develop a strategy and roadmap for advancing our online customer account product.
- Partner with engineering, data science, sales and operations to help prioritize product development priorities for customer insights/analytics capabilities and other self-service tools.
- Gather and document product requirements to communicate product features and decisions clearly to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with product and engineering to prioritize backlogs, manage sprints, and deliver product features in an agile environment.
- Your end-to-end product lifecycle management responsibilities will include: ideation, stakeholder management, customer feedback, product development, rollout/go-to-market strategy, and ongoing, continuous innovation for your product(s)
You will be:
- Excited about growing the capabilities for B2B web-based applications.
- Data-driven and results-oriented with a strong background in data analysis and gleaming insights.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and prototype solutions in partnership with designers, engineers, analysts and data scientists.
- Excited to operate within agile development methodologies.
- Self-motivated; exhibiting strong self-management and a sense of urgency.
- Able to manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- An exceptionally strong writer and presenter and are able to communicate insights through storytelling.
- Able to get things done amid tight time constraints.
- Flexible and able to switch directions quickly when necessary.
You will have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Strong preference given for computer science (CS), Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative fields). A master’s degree is also highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in guiding analytical projects to generate business insights and recommendations.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, and A/B testing design, execution and measurement
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts, outreach within organizations and/or project management experience.
- Recent experience in mobile ad tech or online travel with strong knowledge of programmatic advertising and big data.
- Solid SQL skills with the ability to write your own queries to get the relevant data. Bonus points for some experience in Python.
- A strong technical acumen (explicit engineering background not required).
You will get Bonus Points for:
- Travel sector experience
- Previous engineering experience or demonstrable computer science background
Culture: Our team loves a good time
Snacks: Well-stocked kitchen to fill your breakfast, lunch, and snack needs
Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
Wealth: Stock options
Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.