Associate Manager, Product Management - API Western Union
Western Union | San Francisco 2018-08-31
Right now, we are seeking an Associate Product Manager based at Western Union’s Digital headquarters in San Francisco, California.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Experience creating, prioritizing and executing on platform roadmap
- Define and document product requirements, features, and functionality
- Manage products features through the feature development lifecycle
- Experience documenting and managing product requirements, stories and backlog
- Technical background and current understanding of end-to-end API lifecycle:
- Design, implementation, testing, management, monitoring, and retirement. Demonstrates strong ability to write and manage technical documentations to describe API’s, schemas, models, and more.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and standard understanding of modern web/SaaS technologies and systems
- As product owner, lead in-house teams using agile scrum methodology drafting business requirements, authoring user stories with acceptance criteria, and collaborating with scrum team members to ensure product features are delivered according to specifications, and schedule Interact with other internal departments to formulate recommendations and actions
- Build and track performance metrics and make enhancements to existing metrics and reports.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for team players who are driven, proactive, passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and are effective problem solvers who are able to execute with little supervision.
The ideal candidate has:
- Get things done attitude; Self-motivated, with the ability to “roll-up sleeves” and prioritize
- Passion for APIs and developer experience
- Strong empathy for the developer audience
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical integration scenarios and architectural concepts
- 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience with 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager for a software product (B2B or B2C - cloud experience a plus)
- Prior experience as a software developer, expert-level knowledge of RESTful APIs Experience with agile development processes and frequent product release cycles
- Solid understanding of API best practices and familiarity with SaaS developer tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Attention to detail and a penchant for creating great customer experiences
- Ability to break down complex requirements into simple documents, stories, and flows
- Experience working in a large corporate environment a plus
- Experience in global money movement a plus