Associate Full Stack Engineer Marketo
@marketo | San Mateo
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo’s Sales Engagement Apps team is looking for an energetic, hungry, passionate, and kickass Associate Full Stack Engineer. If that is You, join us to help build beautiful software that directly impacts the day to day lives of thousands of salespeople.
You are interested in building features utilizing a bleeding edge frontend tech stack using React, Redux, ES6, Babel (stage-2), and Webpack. You thrive in figuring out complex backend logic using technologies like Ruby and NodeJS. The idea of contributing to projects where you will have an impact across multiple production apps excites you.
You should join our crack team of engineers.
- Writing frontend and backend code, including specs
- Sit in on a whiteboard session and work on how we’re going to re-architect our back-end to be 25% faster by keeping the front-line API the same, but swapping out the old endpoint with a faster back-end
- Learn a brand-new programming language because there’s a new framework we discovered that allows us to build an important feature that our customers care about
- Joining in an intense debate whether the button should be 3px to the left or the right, because details matter
- Jumping on screen shares with either our Sales or Success team
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6 months - 1+ years solid professional coding experience as a fullstack engineer
- Experience designing and building web applications (Front-end and Back-end)
- Background and knowledge of CS principles such as data structures and algorithms
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience with Ruby and at least one of the following: React, Backbone, and/or Angular
- Skills in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with Linux and supporting application in a Linux environment
- A good eye for usability and visual aesthetics and willingness to learn more
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies
- Willingness to interact with customer when the code breaks in production
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a team player
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer