Applications Engineering Internship Co-Op (Fall 2018) Tesla Jobs
Tesla | Fremont 2018-08-23
Our Applications Engineering team is deeply engrained in the functional areas of the business and partners heavily with the leadership team on critical decisions. Team members are expected to help develop and implement custom mission critical applications using .NET Framework and SQL technologies. Through the internship program, we are looking to find the next wave of talent to drive these efforts.
QA: Is responsible to provide successful validation and verification of Applications in the non-production environments using functional and regression testing before moving them to production. Automation of testing is a key requirement. Will help with the smoke testing in the post production scenario.
Applications Development: Is responsible to design and build the mission critical enterprise level web application for business teams to use and adapt using the latest technology stack as chosen by the team and the Application Engineering architecture team. This team works with business teams and various Application Engineering and IT teams to design, develop and help support the application to enhance the business value and improve business productivity. This team is responsible for the Performance, Scalability and the usability of the applications.
Build and Release Management and Performance Engineering: Is responsible for automating the BRM and Performance engineering process for Tesla Motors internal applications. This includes designing and implementing processes and tools to support continuous integration, performance analysis and testing, application scalability, deployment, automation. Involves working closely with development, QA and project management teams to perform performance testing, set release schedules and environments in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The team helps define best practices for source control, continuous integration, performance testing, develop test automation framework, build automation, deployment, and release management.
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently working towards a MS, or other graduate degree in a relevant engineering program (including, but not limited to: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering).
- Experience with the following frameworks or databases: .NET, MySQL, SQL Server.
- Have a clear understanding on Software Development Life Cycle
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV – must be able to relocate for the duration of your internship.
tesla careers, tesla jobs, tesla cars, tesla engineering